Sunday, March 08, 2009

Defrag & Blog

It's 11:14pm on Sunday night and Cyclone Hamish is knocking at our door. It's just started to rain and the wind is picking up. The cyclone warning on Weatherzone says that it should be off the coast of Gladstone by tomorrow afternoon but by then it should be down to a Category 3.

My computer has been the source and subject of some hostility over the last couple of days as it practically ground to a halt, taking forever to do even the simplest of tasks. I checked 'defrag' and was told that I should defrag my C: drive.

That was early yesterday morning. It's been 'defragging' for going on forty hours now. It's a 250GB HDD with 21% free space - and it's 17% done!

Windows just seems to get in my way when I try to use the computer to do stuff I want to do.

Did you know that OS X has built-in safeguards against fragmentation of data on the hard drive?

Every day of your life that you waste using Microsoft Windows is a day of your life wasted.

No comments: