Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Man on the Spot

Well, its been an exciting day today.

Got calls from two video production guys today, one from out-of-town wanting to know if I was interested in sub-contracting and the other wanting to know if I was interested in taking over from him to shoot the local news. Well, that's a yes to both of course and a little while later I get a call from WIN News to get them some footage of an accident just out of town.

So now, by the end of the day, I sit here writing my blog as a freelance news cameraman.*

Cool.

I gotta say though, as exciting as it was to jump up and race to the story, being at an accident scene is a sobering experience. I find that I am asking myself if this is what I really want to do. Wedding videos and dance festivals are jobs where people are happy to see you. No one is happy about you filming their wreck.

*Correction: Flermpick and I make a camerateam.

No comments: