Thursday, February 22, 2007

Need proof?

A few weeks ago I wrote about the release of Microsoft Windows Vista and I mentioned how most of the new features have been copied from Apple's Mac OS X. A friend of mine mentioned this and suggested that I shouldn't be publicly saying things like "this multi-billion-dollar-company just copies its stuff from that smaller, prettier multi-billion-dollar company" and so I looked deeper. Here is David Pogue from the New York Times showing exactly how Microsoft DID NOT COPY its ideas for Windows Vista from Apple. Lets take a look.



Well I'm convinced!

Anyhoo, Microsoft could do worse than duplicate OS X. If fact they did. Vista is bordering on horrific. In fact, I'm starting to think that I've got it all wrong in my post at the start of February saying that Vista Basic isn't worth getting because it doesn't have all the cool features of the... well, of the more feature-rich versions... but I'm starting to get the feeling that I really don't want all those extra add-ons because they're crap. And the enhanced security? Check out this Apple ad. There is no exaggeration here. This is what it's like to use Vista.




There's one thing I like about Vista. The interface is slick. It's pretty and everything fades in and slides away and its all very pleasing eye-candy provided you have a brand new machine with a powerful graphics card.

My advice, stick to Windows XP for as long as you can.

Or buy a Mac...

No comments: