Thursday, June 12, 2008

Guild Wars in a bottle.

Well I'm impressed. I've installed the trial of Crossover Games by Codeweavers onto our Mac Mini and loaded Guild Wars into it. And so far it has progressed flawlessly! The trial is only for seven days so I've only have a week to try it out... and I've picked a week when my bandwidth is capped so I'm pretty much playing a brand new install of Guild Wars on Internet speeds comparable to dial-up and having to download each new area I walk into. It's slow... but it works!

Okay... settle down...

For those Mac owners that want to play Guild Wars, here's my specs.

Mac OS X 10.5.3
Intel Core2 Duo 2.0 GHz
2GB RAM
Intel GMA950

So that would mean that pretty much anyone with a Intel Mac, MacBook or iMac can now play Guild Wars without installing or even needing to own a copy of Windows!

That's cool.

It works on Linux too.

No comments: