Friday, September 12, 2008

Genius Bar on the side

iTunes 8 has been released and has a new feature called "Genius Sidebar". It's a playlist creator for people with large music collections. Our music folder fills out to a respectable 40GB and I'm sure I've only listened to about 10% of the entire collection. The Genius Sidebar lets you start playing a song you like and when you click the Genius button it populates a playlist of 25, 50, 75 or 100 songs that you might enjoy. It's quite impressive although it doesn't work with every song I choose. I work up this morning feeling like a little classical music and thought the Genius Sidebar might be able to pick out some compositions that might satisfy, but every time I chose a piece by Mozart the sidebar informed me that it doesn't work with that song. It's worked with pretty much everything else I've chosen so far. But for the songs that it does work with it does a good job.

No comments: